Some Form 990-N Electronic Filing System (e-Postcard) users may see error messages
The Form 990-N online filing system moved from Urban Institute to IRS.gov in February. While the new system has been successful, a very small percentage of users see site errors while registering or submitting the form. The IRS offers this advice:
- Review the steps listed on How to File Form 990-N. Pay particular attention to the “text character” restrictions.
- The Form 990-N (e-Postcard) User Guide will explain each step in the filing process.
- If site errors are unresolved, call TE/GE Customer Account Services at 877-829-5500. A representative will gather your Form 990-N information for filing on your organization’s behalf.
- Organizations will not be penalized for filing late if it was caused by website issues. Organizations should continue efforts to file, even if they are late.
Don’t forget to register for the free webcast about Accumulated Sick and Vacation Pay Deferred to 403(b) or 457(b) Plans
When: June 2, 2016; 2 p.m. (Eastern)
How: Register for this event. You will use the same link to attend the event.
- When is accumulated sick and vacation leave pay subject to Federal Employment Taxes
- When can taxes be deferred and for how long?
- What is an elective contribution?