April 12, 2019
Authored by: Keith Kehrer
Many tax-exempt organizations must file information returns by May 15
- Form 990-series returns are due on the 15th day of the fifth month after an organization’s tax year ends
- For an extension of time to file, use Form 8868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File an Exempt Organization Return
- What happens if my Form 990 is missing information or a schedule, or is the wrong return?
- To avoid errors, file electronically using one of the eFile business providers
Online training for small and mid-size 501(c)(3) organizations
- The Small to Mid-Size Tax Exempt Organization Workshopis a great resource for charities at StayExempt.irs.gov.
IRS Nationwide Tax Forums offer:
- Continuing education via educational seminars
- Case Resolution Program
- Opportunities to talk with IRS subject matter experts
- Networking opportunities with your colleagues
Register at IRStaxforum.com.
TE/GE job announcements
The IRS/Department of Treasury has announcements onUSAJOBS until January 2020: