On May 29, the IRS released its Exempt Organization Newsletter, Issue Number 2012-10.
REGISTER NOW: May 30 EO webinar
Starting and Operating Charities for Disaster Relief
It’s not too late to register for tomorrow’s webinar on disaster relief. This webinar explains the basic requirements for staring a tax-exempt charity and the ways new and existing organizations can properly provide disaster relief under federal tax rules.
The webinar will cover:
- the kinds of help organizations can provide
- operational and recordkeeping requirements including fundraising and working with volunteers
- rules for recipients of disaster relief
- the deductibility of charitable contributions made to organizations
The live presentation will be 2 p.m. EST, Wednesday, May 30. Click here to register.
In early June, this presentation will be posted on the IRS Video Portal – where you can also view these EO webinars:
- Starting off Right – What New 501(c)(3) Organizations Need to Know Started a new 501(c)(3)? Keep it on track with this helpful webinar.
- Starting off Right – What New NON-501(c)(3) Organizations Need to Know This webinar provides information for new nonprofits, including: 501(c)(4) – Social Welfare groups 501(c)(5) – Labor, Agricultural & Horticultural 501(c)(6) – Business Leagues 501(c)(7) – Social Clubs 501(c)(8) – Fraternal Beneficiary Societies 501(c)(10) – Domestic Fraternal Societies.
- International Activities of Domestic Charitable Organizations This webinar helps U.S. domestic charitable organizations understand the rules for tax-exempt status in the international arena.