March 9, 2015
Authored by: Keith Kehrer
- When: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 // 9 AM–4 PM
- Where: Summit Lounge in the J.C. Penney Conference Center, UMSL North Campus
- Fee: $45 before May 1; $55 after May 1; $70 at the event – Click here to register now!
As every 501(c)(3) organization knows, IRS rules and regulations are stringent and require compliance on an ongoing basis if a nonprofit organization intends to maintain its 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt status. Attend this special, low-cost workshop to hear directly from the IRS about the benefits and responsibilities of tax exemption under 501 (c)(3), and actions that may jeopardize the exempt status of an organization.
Topics will include:
- The definition of unrelated business income, including common examples and exceptions, filing requirements and charitable gaming.
- Classification of workers and filing requirements for employees and independent contractors.
- An overview of the Forms 990, 990-EZ, and 990-N (e-Postcard), including tips on recordkeeping and answers to frequently asked questions. Includes a presentation of resources and tools available to exempt organizations to help them file accurate, error-free returns.
- An overview of disclosures tax-exempt organizations are required to make.
In addition, during the lunch hour, the Missouri Attorney General’s Office will present an overview of state law regarding nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations.
Please join us! Click here to register or call (314) 516-6590.